1. Dolls & Action Figures: The soft vinyl faces of dolls will wipe clean easily, just don't press too hard you don't want to leave any micro-scratching on the surface.
2. Inflatable Items: It might be a Rody or a giant bouncy ball, truth be told, they're not always the cleanest. It's not like children go around licking them by any means, but everything looks better when it's scuff free!
3. Bedroom Furniture: You don't really know how much built up "ick" is clinging to your children's headboard until you give it a wipe down. While you're at it, check their night stand... underneath it if you dare.
4. Sneakers: Spring is the season for mud and puddle jumping. Make sure their first kicks of the year stay clean with this magic little sponge. Because there's little water involved you can clean them and then walk right out the door if needs be. No drying time!5. Inside A Lunchbox: If you don't have time to wash out their lunchboxes each day, give them a swipe to get the grime out until you can properly de-funkify things from the week.
6. Game Consoles: Although it's unadvised to use water of any kind on most electronics, a well wrung out Magic Eraser will do wonders on grimey game controllers, the console itself, even handheld units that might be taken from place to place to kill time.
7. Bathroom Fixtures: Since there's no soap to get in their eyes or chemicals to swallow, let kids help out with chores and take care of their own bathroom. They can help scrub toothpaste spit off the sink or scrub out their own ring around the bathtub!
8. Sporting Equipment: With Spring in the air everyone is digging into their stash of last Summer's sporting gear. Although they look like they've seen better days, they'll be good as new with a wipe down. Buff up that wiffle ball bat, even wipe down that baseball glove or soccer ball.
9. Bikes: Instead of hosing them off outside, give them a small bucket of water and a sponge and let them do their own detail work. Show them how it can shine and help them take pride in this pricey and ever important purchase.
10. Baby-Anything: Cribs, highchairs, diaper pail, booster seats... the list is endless. Sure they deserve a wipe down with an actual cleanser once in awhile, but for quick jobs or refreshing thrifted finds, they can't be beat!
1. Removing Crayon Marks from Wall Paper: Use the woolly side to pounce the paper as if faux finishing. Then repeat the process with the foam side.
2. Coffee Cup Stains: Easy peasy. Just a quick wipe with the foam side and remove the coffee or tea stains.
3. Kool Aid & Fruit Punch: These are a few of the most devastating stains you can find on your kitchen counter. They almost never come off, even when using bleach or abrasives. But just a quick wipe with the foam side and those bright stains are gone!
4. Ring around the tub? Yuk: My tub got clogged, and once we got it fixed and the water finally went down the drain, it left a nasty layer of grime about 4 inches high. I thought I had quite a bit of time consuming, hard scrubbing ahead of me. I was quickly surprised at how easily and quickly it all came off by using just water and (get this) the soft foamy side of the sponge! I was done cleaning in less than 10 minutes!
5. Scuffs on Baseboards: I have very active kids, and somehow they manage to leave scuff marks on the baseboards from their shoes, their scooters and other toys that aren't even allowed in the house! My baseboards take quite the beating. But at least the clean up is a sinch. Without hardly any effort, and surprisingly using the soft foam side of the Buffalo Eraser, it all comes off easily and quickly.
6. Chrome Wheels: I have a classic car and of course I spent a pretty penny on some nice chrome wheels. When I get my car ready for a show, I have to be careful not to use just any cloth or chemical to clean my wheels. The wrong stuff will either scratch or leave the chrome cloudy. A friend who does auto detailing recommended the Buffalo Eraser Sponge. So I gave it a try, and its perfect for the job! I used the nylon scrubby side & didn't have to scrub hard at all, therefore not scratching the rims, and all I used was water. My wheels turned out shiny and flawless...not to mention effortless.
7. Tree Sap: My husband was ready to chop down the neighbor's tree! It released so much sap! We were starting every morning with a gripe just from seeing all that gunk stuck to the side of our cars and our windows. Having to set aside extra time to wipe it off and to hose down the cars almost daily to prevent it from caking on. I was already using the Buffalo Sponge on almost everything around the house, so I figured why not? We wanted to be careful so we tried the soft side of the sponge and crossed our fingers. Voila! The results were amazing! They say this thing is Environmentally Necessary....I'll say....It saved a tree! Haha
8. Fiberglass Boats & RV's: We went on vacation for the summer and needless to say, we didn't bother to clean our RV or our boat until we came back home. 6 weeks worth of dirt and grime is no joke. Especially on something as big as an RV and a boat. My mother-in-Law has been using the Buffalo Sponge around her house and patio and suggested we try it. We had nothing to lose, so we did. Boy were we surprised at how easily the gunk came off the bottom of the boat and it was even easier to remove the dirt off our RV! It needed to be done, but we were relieved at how effortless the clean up was, because the last thing we wanted was to work hard after a long relaxing vacation.
9. Laminate Floors: Laminate floors are fairly easy to clean up. But if you use the wrong cleaning agents or mops, you're liable to leave streaks and nasty build up. Using the Buffalo Sponge with just water, leaves your floors clean and streak free. Makes cleaning your floors easy and worry free.
10. Applying Stain & Varnish: My grandmother asked me to put a coat of varnish on her cherry wood china cabinet. She was adamant about not using a bristle brush because she didn't want streaks or uneven coats. So after looking through all her cleaning supplies I found this sponge. It was different and seamed thick and sturdy and soft. So I used the sponge and it made for a beautiful finish. She was very happy with the results. The only downside is that thanks to the great job the Buffalo Sponge did, this is now MY official chore.